This is the path to take with headwind or if you're using a driver without a lot of curl. Use 1-2 bars of topspin and max left sidespin. Bounce over the rough and your ball should feed right down towards the pin.
With sidewind or tailwind this is the best way to play the hole. Use 4+ backspin along with max left sidespin. With straight tailwind, use about 50% left curl and with a right to left wind you still should not use max curl.
This may be a better option when you get a wind from left to right. Use max right sidespin with 1 - 3 bars of backspin. Bounce over the water and down to the pin.
This is generally only an option in the Rookie division where winds are low. Place your first bounce on the island and let the ball run out towards the pin. Keep in mind that the bounce on the island is inconsistent and unreliable.
- General Instruction - 2nd Tee
- Tour 9 Shootout - Wind Pointed at 430
- Tour 11 Shootout - Hard Left to Right Wind Tips
- Tour 11 Shootout - Tailwind
- Tour 11 Shootout - Wind Pointing at 130
- Tour 11 Shootout - Right to Left Wind
- Tour 11 Shootout - Wind Pointed at 730
- Tour 11 Shootout - Wind Pointed at 9 O'clock
- Spring Major - Rookie
- Spring Major - Pro
- Spring Major - Expert
- Spring Major - Master